Thursday, June 28, 2007

WICKED Thunder and Lightning storm!!

Last night there was the most AWESOME display of lightning that I've EVER seen. It flashed continually for 2 hours. Streaks and streaks overlapped other streaks in all directions and it was completely amazing. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket There wasn't even a second of time that the sky wasn't illuminated. It was the kind of lightning that you see on those old, old, hokey 20's movies where they have someone flashing a light on and off NON-STOP for lightning. Remember those movies?? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The storm started around 10:15PM and went on for about 2 hours.
What's amazing to me is that the HUGE, BOOMING thunder that shook the house didn't wake my girls up at all. Usually the smallest bumble of thunder has them up and out of bed in a matter of a quarter of a second. I guess the swimming yesterday wore them out, completely!
Well, I was hoping for a storm (we sure needed a little rain) and I got what I wished for, and THEN some! ;) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Happy Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Don't you love when the kids are so worn out that the storm doesn't bother them? My youngest use to come running down the stairs at the first sound of thunder too. Now it usually only freaks him out when the power goes off...and somehow he knows when that happens in his sleep too! lol